Empty spaces, both in cities and in rural areas, need new life. Who are the figures responsible for guiding change and facing the challenges posed by contemporary society? How to ensure that the proposed actions are socially innovative and sustainable?
2021 - 2023
Erasmus Plus – Knowledge Alliances, Commissione Europea
WE DEFINE THE NEW FIGURE OF THE EUROPEAN URBAN CULTURAL INNOVATOR
The figure of the Urban Innovator has no clear contours today. Eureka operates at a European level to define skills and abilities of the professional profile and look for the right recognition.
We will work together with our partners to develop a shared training path that recognizes and values the profile of the urban innovator. The curriculum, to be developed, will take into consideration both soft and technical skills as well as the importance of collaboration with different actors – public and private – in the urban regeneration processes.
The main steps are:
- Research on working needs investigating the job market (enterprises, PA and community-based groups), reaching a shared definition of the competences of the profile at EU level;
- The co-design of a training program involving higher education institutions, businesses, public and private organizations and alumni;
- A pilot action to implement the training program in the 4 local clusters of the Alliance (IT, ES, NL, RO) with the support of the transnational partner Trans Europe Halles (SE);
- International learning motivation for students and businesses;
- Four living lab as spaces to study and work facing real life problems.
“We like to preserve the past, prototype the future and enjoy the present”
The main expected results are:
- A new international multidisciplinary curriculum with a mentoring scheme to manage the transformation of urban spaces, leading to the definition of the user interface profile;
- A community of practice of academics, practitioners and students in the fields of urban regeneration.
Eureka will produce detectable impacts on three levels:
- Higher education institutions will have the possibility to update current urban regeneration training courses;
- Companies, public administrations and community groups will improve their response to the needs of sustainable and participatory regeneration of urban spaces
- Students will develop of entrepreneurial skills and benefit a greater employability
More info here https://www.eure-ka.eu