The 8th edition of the Visual Methods Conference will be held in Rome
an international event that every two years brings together professionals in the field to discuss, with an interdisciplinary approach, visual languages
In 2023 the Conference will be organised by Sapienza University of Rome in collaboration with Melting Pro.
The theme chosen is ‘Preparing for the Next Generation‘.
The era we are living in is certainly experiencing a time of transition: the pandemic put the whole world in crisis. How do we make a strong and responsible investment in the Next Generation? What common goods – such as education and training – do we turn to in order to give everyone equal opportunities?
In this scenario visual methods play an important role, embracing much more than the simple communication of results. We need to understand how our community can trigger broader reflections and offer solutions to specific problems.
In February, the Call for Contributions on five global pathways and challenges closed.
These were the topics of the call:
1. A Green/Sustainable Future:: giving a green revolution and ecological transition
2. A Digital Future: involving digitization, innovation, culture and inclusion
3. A Caring Future: giving physical health, psychological well-being and social cohesion
4. A Smart Future: stimulating research and education to develop abilities, wisdom and experience
5. An Equitable Future: embracing diversity, inclusion and good social relationships
As of 1 March, tickets for the Conference can be purchased on Eventbrite